Thursday 6 November 2008

Sketch show humour

Weight: 14stone 10lbs, alcohol units: 0, calories: 450 (v good), encounters with mean girls: 450 (conservative estimate), styles of writing copied from Bridget Jones: 1

Funniest thing ever happened today. I almost had to look around me to make sure I wasn't in a sketch show because it was so damned ridiculous!

I was talking to some girls at work, and they're both maybe a tad overweight but nothing to write home about. One of them offered me tea, and it's always a bit embarassing turning down tea because no one understands why I'm not allowed things like that (technically I am allowed tea, but no milk in it - yuck!). So I reminded her about the diet, and she apologised and said she was being inconsiderate. Then the other one, straight off, said "I'm getting a McDonalds later, bet you wish you could have one!" At which they both chuckled hysterically.

So I (after counting slowly to 10) said "I know this diet may seem a little extreme to you, but it's really working for me and hopefully in a few months time I"ll be thin."

Then they (and this is the funny part) said "OH. SO YOU'RE SAYING WE'RE FAT ARE YOU!?"

Self absorbed much?

It was only afterwards when I thought how WITTY it would have been to say "oh shove it up your bottoms you big stinky piles of horse manure" or something of that tone, but alas, I was still spluttering away to myself when they linked arms and marched away, noses in the air.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! You're funny Emma, you're way funnier than Bridget Jones anyway - she wasn't even fat!!!

Katie Steed said...

aw, thank you! I like Bridget Jones though (the books, not the films - the films made her into a slapstick idiot).

Slightly frustrating hearing her trying desperately hard to get down to under 9stone though, but I think that's where the humour is.

Anonymous said...

Thought the movies were way better than the books! I kept thinking it was weird what she was writing in her diary, like especially when she got drunk or something- who recounts whole drunken conversations in their diary?

"Films?" So I'm guessing you're British?

Katie Steed said...

Yup, as British as they come! And just so you know, Herbs has a H in it!

Anonymous said...

Eddie Izzard fan much? :)

Katie Steed said...

Maybe a little :)