Saturday 1 November 2008

Constipation update

I know that everyone is just dying to know the updated state of my bowels after Thursday's riveting post on the subject. How could I be so callous as to do a whole post without mentioning it!?!

Well, you'll be pleased to hear that I am no longer getting the tummy pains or making the embarrassing gurgling noises. I took a slightly stronger laxative that my locum recommended and believe that there is now officially nothing left to come out.

Let me hear you say wooooop!!!

I'm so happy today. I went to the gym and did a good workout, I am over the constipation debacle, I passed the test so I know everything there is to know about what's going on in my body, and I got through a shopping trip to Tescos without really desiring anything. Also, my pyjama bottoms fell off when I stood up this morning!!!

I brought a top ages ago that I really liked and then promptly put on about half a stone before I had the opportunity to wear it. It's been sitting in my wardrobe for months, staring at me accusingly every time I chose my trackybums. It even still has the price tag on it, but I couldn't stand to take it back and hear the shop assistant thinking "bit optimistic were we fatty?"

I shall try it on tomorrow, and if it fits I shall go and find that hypothetical shop assistant and I shall do a little dance infront of her, and then she'll be sorry! Then they'll all be sorry!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Phew, glad I can exhale at last!

Anonymous said...

Hey Emma, your locum probably already advised you but..... before I did this programme, I was already practically living in a gym wondering why I wasn't losing weight! Off course by the end of it doing the programme, I learnt that is was the food types and quantity (yes even the 'good' foods I was eating all had calories - and too much (even good) = more weight and more calories than I actually needed. However, my point was, when I did the programme I learnt that I should work out my shakes timings and have one just after a work out to bring my blood sugar level up - so you don't feel uneasy after your workout - oh, and also, go easy and learn to listen to your body and what it can and can't cope with! Best of luck - love reading your blog - keep up the great work - time will fly by....!

Katie Steed said...

Thanks, that's exactly what I've been learning about this week actually!
It's a lot to take in but I think I'm getting there - never really considered 'listening to my body' before, but it seems to have a lot more common sense than I do!