Monday 10 November 2008

Christmas is coming, and Emma's getting thin!

I just had such an awful evening and morning, I shall tell you about it because I think it would make you laugh. Hopefully this will be something that I can laugh about too in a couple of Millennia.

I went shopping in Canary Wharf, I got home and found I'd been locked out! There's a yale lock and a chubb lock on the door, I don't use the chubb lock because it's old and very stiff, I can sometimes open it from the inside, but not from the outside. Anyway, my mate (who is staying with me) had locked the bottom door and after 10 mins, I still couldn't get in. So, I went next door and they tried the lock, and they couldn't open it, so I climbed over the wall into my back garden and hoped the kitchen door would open. It didn't.

So I called the landlord (who was in London) and he said, just to break in. So I looked at the glass and it looked back, and ya know, I always think of glass as being fragile, ephemeral stuff. So I hit it with a gardening fork. It didn't break. So I shouted at it and hit it again, no joy. It's bloody hard to nerve yourself up to an actual act of vandalism and then find it doesn't work. By the way, it's pouring down with rain the whole time. So I went and found a pick axe, which worked very well. It took quite a while, but I got there, unlocked the door, tracked glass through the house and went to bed.

I woke up this morning to find the BASTARD mate had 'tidied' the bathroom by removing all of my stuff, so no shower for me. I then found I couldn't unlock the door from the inside. I called the landlord and read a book. About 9-30 there was a knock at the door, so I went downstairs. It wasn't the landlord, it was the builder, waiting for his money. He talked to me through the letterbox for half an hour culminating in him proposing marriage and many small children, and me getting out of it as nicely as I could. Fortunately the landlord turned up, let me out and I got to work for 11.45.

sigh, at least I can still make the people at work laugh, it'd just be nice if I could get them to laugh with me instead of at me!!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh no! That sounds like quite the ordeal O_O

Anonymous said...

Hahahahahahaaaaaa funny!

Katie Steed said...

Thanks guys, I'm slowly recovering my composure but it was touch and go for a while there!

Anonymous said...

Hey Emma, I'm new round here, congrats on the weight loss so far. Can you see it yet? Where have you lost it from most? I hate diets where you lose it from the chest area first! Wish you could choose!

Katie Steed said...

Hey em, great to see you on here. My 'chest area' as you say, is somewhat depleted, but I'm not devastated about that!

It's very obvious I think, especially when comparing before and after photos. It's all a bit exciting at the moment to be honest, lots of nice compliments and stuff :)