Monday 13 October 2008

It has to start somewhere

Hi, my name is Emma Wood, and I am obese. Very.

I've known it for a while, but I guess I never really admitted it to myself. You read all the time about how Britain is growing fatter, and how obesity is one of the largest causes of premature death after AIDS and cancer, but it never really occurs to you how much it affects you. You roll your eyes at the statistics, and you gasp in horror when seeing people who can no longer leave their beds. Then you look down and try to remember when the last time that you saw your own feet was.

I don't want to be a statistic. I've finally accepted that I have a problem, and I am determined to do something about it. I have over 3 stone to lose just to go back to being overweight, but I can't do it alone. That's why I started this blog; I've read other blogs of people who have lost lots of weight, and they did it through the help and support of the online community. There are hundreds of other people out there in a similar situation to me, and I need to draw strength from them and, hopefully, provide inspiration in my turn.

Please help me in this.

Thank you, and I hope you enjoy reading my blog. Please feel free to comment or to message me about anything you want.

Emma


Traditional "BEFORE" shots:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hell, I think you're sexy Emma!

Anonymous said...

you can do eeeet Emma! I don't know you, but I have faith! The online community is here for you!

Katie Steed said...

Joebloggs! That's awesome!

I wish my name was Joe now!!