Friday 31 October 2008

Constipation.

Constipation is not a funny thing. It may sound funny, but it is quite definitely not.

Was feeling so good today. Although it was Halloween and I'm surrounded by sweeties (I'm sure that England has become more Americanized in it's celebrations of Halloween - there's costumes and special sweetie jars and pumpkin carving kits and, is it just me, or have all the supermarkets done massive discounts on all things sweetie? Back in the day it was a hollowed out pumpkin and possibly a witches hat made out of paper you coloured in yourself the year before.)

Apologies for the brain splurge there. Stay with me.

Back on to the poo thing... I've been having a few laxatives, which have been helping, but I keep hearing these loud and slightly embarassing gurgling noises from my belly which my locum lady has suggested might be a sign that there is more to come out.

So what do you do? Do you force it out, do you wait until it comes out naturally, or do you dose yourself up with laxative? I lost 2lbs today, which is so amazing, but I can't help feeling that if I could just get rid of whatever is left in my belly, I'd lose it even faster.

So that's today's little anecdote, many apologies if I grossed you out with my bowel movements (or lack thereof)! I'm really chuffed today because I've had loads of energy all day, haven't been hungry at all, and I mixed my foods properly at last and have decided that the tomato soup one is actually really quite delicious. Possibly this is just the lack of anything to compare it with, but I'm finding myself looking forward to it like I normally would a bag of chips. Still not big on vegetables of course, but it would take the disintegration of every other food source on the planet before I happily ate most vegetables.

Also today I had my one week check up at Howard's Way. They took pictures (you can already see a big difference to the ones they took a week ago), and took me through all the stuff I've been learning about what's going on in my body (which I shall explain in the next blog).

So, drum roll please.... it's one week in, and my official weight is.....

14stone 12pounds!!!

It's been sooo long since there's been a 14 at the start of my weight!!! And tomorrow I'm allowed to start on the Howard's Way 'bars' which are part of the food I'm allowed from now on and I'm really looking forward to something a wee bit solid (unless I have to shit it all out again of course!!!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Emma,
I have been reading your blog and think you are doing fantastic. I must admit I did have a bit of trouble posting........I know you are thinking how thick am I!! But just incase anyone else is like me, you just need to click on the '0 comments' and it takes you to this page. It is at the end of each updated blogg report.
Keep up the good work, I have decided if you do well, I MAY?! give it a go, so I will be reading with interest.
Well done!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Emma,
I am sorry, I didn't realise it took you to a different page on each write up. My message before makes no sense, as if you get this far you have done it!!
You have done so well. Constipation is a problem for some people normally, so your change of diet may just be tempory? I don't know?? I will read with interest. You must feel so much better already with the weight you have lost.
Keep up the good work.

Katie Steed said...

Hey Lisa,
Thanks for the comments- I know it's a bit hard to find the button, all this new-fangled technology right!

Let me know if you decide to go ahead with the diet, I'm so glad I started mine, it's already really changed my life. Took me a lot of willpower to get started, but (fingers crossed) it's been fairly straight forward so far. Anyway, that's why I started this blog, so I can be a guinea pig to anyone else thinking of doing a very low calorie diet!

Best of luck to you, glad you enjoy reading the blog!

Anonymous said...

Constipation is QUITE funny!

Katie Steed said...

alright Rick, lets shove some marbles up your bottom and see how you like it!!! ;)