Thursday 11 December 2008

A weight off my mind (and body)

I went to see my locum yesterday as a sort of 'half way through' check up. So these measurements are completely accurate and not subject to dodgey scales or wishful thinking.

In 7 weeks since I started I've gone from a hippo-tastic 15'10 to an aerodynamic 13'2! That's 2 stone 8 pounds in 7 weeks! I've lost 13cm from my boobs, 11 from my tummy and 11 from my hips! Doors that I once had to navigate myself through I am now dancing through whilst shaking my considerably smaller booty.

AND my hair hasn't all fallen out, which everyone assured me it would.

AND I've been asked out!

AND I told one of the not very nice people at work to shove off today, instead of muttering sarcastic quips under my breath and then running back to my computer to tell everyone about them on here.

If I had a party popper I'd pop it right now and hang the consequences.

WEEK 7

AND, JUST TO REMIND YOU, WEEK 0

Still no news on the man I'm afraid. Haven't even seen him since. Am getting all sorts of very conflicting advice - should I go seek him out myself? Should I flirt with someone near to him (a laughable suggestion, clearly put forward by someone who's never seen me attempting to flirt)? Should I remain aloof and wait? Or should I just chalk it up to experience and remember that I'm not even entirely sure if I like him anyway!?! It's a bit of a conundrum quite frankly!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! You look amazing! I love photographic evidence. I didn't take any pictures when I lost the weight the first time (over a year ago now), and I feel like until about a month ago when I got a roll of film developped from last year (yeah... I'm still not digital...) I never realized exactly how much I lost (which is to say exactly how much I've gained back.) One of the bloggers on Stretch Mark Sisters had suggested doing a monthly photograph. You just reminded me what a good idea I think that is.

You look great though, seriously!

Claire said...

That's an amazing difference! Go you!

Lesley said...

Wowzres. That is some difference. I wasn't brave enough to do the swimming cossie shot although I did post one of me jumping into a lake in one in Canada but had already lost 7 stone by then!!

Bravo and well done you!

Lesley x

Lesley said...

Or even wowzers!!

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Great results, Emma. I'm so happy you are doing great.

Katie Steed said...

Thanks for all the nice comments guys! I was a bit nervous about posting the swimming costume pics, but everyone's been so nice.

I definitely think they're a good idea, because every time I have a little wobble now I just look at them and remember why I'm doing this!

And I just can't wait to see the next one in a months time!!!

Munch said...

you're doing fantastic - well done !

kathyj333 said...

Wow. You can really see the difference. Keep it up. What you're doing is working.