Thursday 4 December 2008

omgomgomgomgomgOMG!!!

Today is the happiest I've ever been. This is it. Final. Full Stop. Life could end here and I don't think I'd mind one jot (except that tomorrow could be even better of course...)

Thursday December 4th. The Happiest Day of Ever. The day I got asked out on a date. By an actual boy.

I've been obese for a long time. Since they invented the word really. Needless to say I don't have the boys swooning over me, and part of me had almost stopped caring. Probably a defence mechanism (one of many), but I've just stopped spending my days worrying about boys/romances/crushes because they're so alien to my life.

And I have a good life, a fulfilling life that involves friends and family and laughter. But just not boys. Not romance, not even the hope of one. I told myself I didn't care, but the way I'm feeling right now, if that's how the skinny pretty people feel all the time, then I just can't believe anyone has a need for prozac!

I didn't think people actually got asked out anymore. Not like "would you like to go out on a date with me" anyway. Seems like something that'd happen to Reese Witherspoon or Jennifer Aniston or someone. I see people getting together on the dance floor or at parties all the time, but I've never even heard of a guy actually getting up the courage to ask a girl out properly, but it happened today!

And I completely blew it! I was so shocked that I just stared, open mouthed for a good 6 hours, and by the time I did manage to get a word out ("mimblewibble") he was so embarrassed that he ran off, fell over, and will probably never return.

Doesn't matter though, as I suck down my milkshake with slightly more gusto than usual. Because I got asked out. And these brighter clothes are clearly working their magic!

6 comments:

Lesley said...

I think I'm as excited as you!! Well, maybe not quite that bad but nearly. That must have been lovely for you and a real boost.

You're right though, no-one does ask someone out properly these days so it's doubly complimentary.

What's he like and are you going to go, assuming he comes back and you manage to string a few words together??!

Lesley x

Anonymous said...

WOO HOO!! I want to shout something like, "You go, girl!"

There. I said it ;).

Mrs said...

Emma

I LOVE your blog! I love your writing - shamefully catching up now. I love your enthusiasm. Come over to the LA and sprinkle some happiness!

I am wishing you much luck and success.

Go girl!!! I am excited for you - just like Lesley.

More boys will follow. Honest.

Big kiss

Mrs Lxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! That's great news, Emma!:) Few more days, and you'll go back to him and say something like 'Yeah, I'd love to'.
Can't wait for a first post about the actual date. And, judging by the way thing are going for you, it's not that far away;)

Katie Steed said...

Thanks guys, hugely appreciate the support!

In answer to your questions:
I have no idea what he's like really! He's quiet and shy and quite a gentleman, very courteous and sweet. Other than that, no idea!

I have no idea if I'll go if he asks again - any suggestions???

I'll happily take up any offers to go to LA, although I expect there's quite a lot of happiness there anyway. LA has Disneyland right? That's the happiest place on earth. They said so in the advertising.


Any advice, gratefully appreciated!!!

Anonymous said...

Get you! You've changed so much since you've started this blog! I don't even know you but I can see the changes happen through the writing- you've come out of your shell!