Saturday 27 December 2008

Post Christmas weighing up

Hello all,

You'll be delighted to hear that I am infact not dead!

Neither have I fallen off the wagon or run away to the Carribean with the guy who asked me out a few weeks ago. I've just been a bit carried away with the whole Christmas thing!

It's been very exciting! First there was the 'what to wear at the Office Christmas Party' debate, which I'm sure you're gutted you missed out on. It was a huge decision of course, being an opportunity to show off the fact that I now have a neck and can walk rather than waddle, as well as being (I thought) the perfect opportunity for that guy to get up a little dutch courage and to ask me out again (no such luck). There've been lots of parties of course, but I haven't been to that many of them this year because a) can't drink, and although I'm not a huge drinker, watching people around me getting steadily more inebriated before collapsing in a corner and blubbering that everyone hates them is not my idea of fun and b) I'm mid-diet and didn't want to buy too many fancy outfits that wont fit me in a months time.

Then there was the whole 'Christmas meal,' which has always been really important to me as a family event and I was upset to think I might miss it, especially as it had been my birthday a few days before and I'd not had a cake or anything (ALTHOUGH, when people can't buy you chocolate as a present, you do get a lot more imaginative gifts, which was GREAT!!!). I got given a list of things I could and couldn't eat on the day, and actually it was quite relaxed. I thought they'd say I could have a slice of turkey and a piece of bread or something, but I was allowed pretty much everything except potatoes (I'm sure I should be able to tell you why, what with all the reading I've been doing, but I have no idea why potatos are so bad. Probably something to do with ketosis. Most things are.)

So that was great. I'm a bit worried now that I'll start craving foods again, especially as there's sooooo much about at the moment, but so far everytime I've had a craving, I've looked at those photos I posted a few days ago and that's got me through it.

I wanted to thank everyone by the way, for being so supportive of those photos. When I took the earlier photos I thought no one would ever see them except for me (Howard's Way recommend taking photos all the time, because actually, even though I've now lost 3 stone in 2.5 months, I wouldn't have thought there was much difference if I hadn't seen them), and it was pretty scary putting them up there, but everyone's been just so nice about it.

So now, as the rest of the country bemoans the fact that they've just eaten enough to feed a small developing country, is petrified of their credit card bill and is giving serious consideration to joining a gym, I'm still plodding away on my journey out of the purple area of the BMI chart, with a spring in my step and a tune on my tongue. Christmas was hard, but I made it. Bring on Easter!!!

6 comments:

Lesley said...

As Craig Revel-Horwood would say....

FAB - U - LUS!!!

Keep it up chuck.

Lesley x

Mrs said...

Yes, keep it up! Fantastic efforts!

Good luck for New Year!

Big kiss.

Mrs Lard xxx

Anonymous said...

I was seriously beginning to worry about you girl! Don't do that to me- thought you'd fallen off the wagon! After all, no one can be as chirpy as you are for long on just milkshakes!!!

Anonymous said...

May 2009 see you the size you deserve to be!

Love Em

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear everything went well! Good for you that your friends and family support you enough to not buy you candy, I so wish that were the case with mine ;) hahaha. Keep it up!!

Anonymous said...

Emma, you're not dead!

Praise the Lord/Allah/Krishna/whatever! Glad your Christmas wasn't as bad as you'd feared, hopefully next year you can eat in moderation and still enjoy it to the full :)