Tuesday 9 December 2008

Boys and Girls

Weight: 13.7 - 13.9 (remind me to only use my own scales from now on. The official ones at Tescos clearly hate me)

Had the best weekend ever. After all of the excitement on Thursday I was literally walking on clouds for at least 3 days. Got half way to work on Friday before I noticed I was strutting! (New development by the way, I always took the bus before but I'm finding that I have the energy to walk now, which has helped speed the weight loss up again)

Friday was spent surreptitiously staring at the door in case he came in, whilst breathing in and out as slowly as possible and doing bugger all work. I have no idea how the pretty people ever get any work done at all!

Anyway, he never came in so I've probably blown it completely by my staggering lack of cool and togetherness, but I still spent the entire weekend discussing it in minute detail with my friends. Every look, every gesture, every word of the 5 minute conversation we had was analysed in depth, along with everything I know or have ever suspected about him. Then there was the obligatory trip to the gym, nail painting session, face masks and hair cut. I feel like a new woman! And the weight is falling off too! All this stress is clearly working for me!

Then on Monday, disaster struck. I had a feeling it might happen on Sunday night, a growing dread gnawing in my insides. I woke up on Monday morning and went to the mirror and my worst suspicions were confirmed. I have a spot.

And what's even more annoying is that I really don't get spots. I don't have a huge amount of good features, but my skin has never really caused me any problems or crippling embarrassment. And what have I been eating to cause this? Milkshakes and soups! Not Mars bars and McDonalds like I was a few weeks ago - clearly someone hates me, and clearly they have a vindictive sense of humour.

So, instead of facing my fears and hoping that this guy will accept me for who I am (because that's been working so well for me!) I spent most of the day hiding in toilets and around doors in case I saw him, or trying to work whilst blocking my chin with my hand in case he suddenly appeared.

And frankly I don't even know if I even really like this guy. I hardly know him. Am I just so overcome with gratitude and excitement and the faintest hint of a romance that I'll jump on the first guy who shows the slightest interest?

SOMEONE HELP MEEEEEEE!!!!!!

4 comments:

Lesley said...

Sounds like fun to me and if it's helping you lose some weight what harm??! Anyway, you sound like a level headed person so even if you were to go out with him and it didn't work it's not going to break your heart...

Why don;t you seek him out? After all, he came and asked you out....he's probably a bit embarassed now.

Well done on the weight and gym and energy thing. I wish I was back in those heady days rather than trudging around here dropping a few lbs and then gaining them again. I'm very static at the mo.

Lesley x

Claire said...

He won't notice the spot. He's probably far too busy checking out your boobs! LOL

Get back to strutting!

Anonymous said...

"got halfway to work before I realised I was strutting!" ...FUNNIEST LINE EVER!!!

Congratulations, he'll be back, spot or not!

Anonymous said...

He wont notice the spot hun, he clearly likes you for you and is impressed with the will power you've shown in losing all that weight. Everyone gets spots. No biggie.