Wednesday 7 January 2009

Diet trousers

I've been looking at a lot of diet sites today, and I'm really excited about something...

I can't WAIT to take my cheesy photo with my old trousers pulled out to show how much weight I've lost!!! At the start of the day I thought those photos were slightly ridiculous and completely overused, but after an entire day surfing the net I've come to see them as the pinnacle of dieting success! I may even have to buy special giant trousers just to illustrate the point (although my stupid brother informs me that I may have missed the point of the exercise...)

So what, I hear you asking yourselves in a bemused sort of way, prompted this day of research? Well it was lots of things really. First of all I was at work and so had nothing better to do.
Secondly I've been feeling a bit down about the diet since Christmas - I was allowed to eat a pretty normal Christmas meal, and although I enjoyed it I kinda wish I hadn't. It's made my tummy start feeling a bit funny again and brought back the constipation that you all enjoyed hearing about so much. Then I started back at work and I've been getting so many amazing comments from people who haven't seen me for a few weeks about how thin I look that I've been buzzing all day and couldn't think about anything else.

And thirdly, possibly most importantly, is because of my sister. She's done the traditional thing of overeating at Christmas with the resolve of losing weight in January (gyms must just adore this time of year!), but she's decided to lose the weight in the most idiotic, mindless way possible. All those people who sucked in their breath when they heard my weightloss scheme of nutritionally balanced milkshakes and careful medical attention must just be in hysterics when they hear my GENIUS sister's plan! She's going to do a milkshake diet (clearly I am a shining example), but she's decided she can't afford to do a proper one so she's brought a bunch of Slimfast milkshakes and has vowed to eat nothing else.

Bloody idiot!

So I've spent the day researching other diet plans and trying to find one that suits her so that I can talk her out of it. I did a bunch of research when I first started, so consider myself the expert in the family, but I wanted to do some more with an insiders knowledge so that I could present her with a slightly more rational plan.

I decided that I liked Howard's Way actually. They've made this whole thing pretty darned easy because they do meetings and medical checkups and phone support and other stuff like that which helps people like me who only make an effort when everything is laid out on a plate! I'd be interested in hearing more about some of the other plans too - I've heard a lot about Lighter Life, but I don't think they teach you so much about eating healthy when you finish the diet and I was really scared about putting it back on through not really knowing what was bad for me!

So I'm trying to get her to abandon the crazy plan and either just eat healthy (she's not nearly as large as I was) or to lose 3 stone with HW.

1 comment:

Lesley said...

Well - I think you're doing the right thing. I doubt your sister will have the stickability to follow through with her "plan" so hopefully she'll come to you when she's ready to hear some proper advice!

Have you had the big date?? what'cha'goin'to see??

Hey, this mulitple punctuation mark thing must be catching!!!

Well done and stick to it.

PS. On the fat trouser pics - check out my blog on 18 August 2007 - pics of me in that very same cliched pose!! Love it.

Lesley x